We are excited to announce we will be adding two AmeriCorps to our staff this spring!
The Open Door is in need of two AmeriCorps members to help with our Garden to Table Program.
Our Garden to Table AmeriCorps members will:
Support Community and Educational Events
- Procure and organize materials needed for each event: food preservation, garden camp, workshops/gardening classes/volunteer groups.
- Head up Garden Camp and Event procedures, and activities with supervisor
- Head a new fruit rescue program and seed library
- Data Entry
Support Program Operations
- Coordinate weekly workdays and tasks at each garden including tracking fruit trees and harvest, compost pile, plot and path maintenance
- Follow up with gardeners by in-person, phone, and email
- Communicate needs to gardeners by emails and phone calls occasionally mail about upkeep up the garden plots and take appropriate steps to ensure family/volunteer commitment
- Make phone calls to get unrecorded harvest weights and event reminders
- Make phone calls to get unrecorded volunteer hours.
This is an amazing opportunity for our community and we don’t want to miss the chance to meet urgent needs!
The positions are 30 hours a week from March 15th through August 27th.
AmeriCorps will provide:
- A living allowance of $6,072
- An additional $2360 for tuition or student loans
With a tight turnaround, time is of the essence, please apply as soon as possible!
To learn more or apply, please visit https://americorps.equalheart.org/hiring.html*
*Once at the site, search Minnesota in the State drop down and then click Eagan for the city.
Leave a Reply