The Garden To Table program was created to provide individuals and families who struggle with food insecurity access to the resources necessary to grow their own healthy food supply. To be food insecure means you have a hard time getting enough affordable, nutritious food for yourself and/or your household.
- All participants must be residents of Dakota County
- There is no income requirement
- While plots are prioritized for families struggling with food insecurity, there are frequently additional plots available for volunteers who wish to grow food for The Open Door pantry, and interested volunteers are encouraged to apply through Volgistics. The Open Door gardeners are prioritized first and volunteer gardeners second.
The Open Door provides TOD gardeners and
volunteer gardeners with:
- Garden space
- Access to water
- Seeds and plants
- Gardening classes
- Food preservation and cooking classes
In exchange gardeners must*:
- Keep garden free of weeds and debris
- Record the weight of your harvest using scales and record book provided at each site
*The Open Door reserves the right to give your plot to someone on the wait list if you do not adhere to his agreement.
To apply to be a gardener in the Garden To Table program, click one of the links below. For more information contact Alpa Goswami, Garden To Table Manager at email@example.com or 651-600-9244Garden To Table 2020 Application 2019 Garden To Table Application- Russian (print) 2019 Garden To Table Application – Spanish (print)