Resource helpful hints & tips
- Preventative care can save you money in the long run and help to keep you healthy!
- Have paper and pencil ready so you can take notes during the phone call (write down your appointment time, what you need to bring, is there a fee, etc)
- Be sure to get the name of the person and number of the person who treated you so you may call them if you have any follow up concerns
- At your food appointment, check for new toothbrushes and toothpaste at the Pantry
Minnesota Community Care
(formerly Helping Hand Dental Clinic)
- Call (651) 602-7500 to request an appointment at any of the locations
- All three locations provide:
- Sliding fee scale available to assist those with no health insurance or high insurance deductibles
- Sliding fees based on family size and income
- General dental services (surgery with local anesthesia)
- All languages interpreted.
West Side Dental Clinic
506 W. 7th St., St. Paul, MN
East Side Clinic
895 East 7th Street St. Paul, MN 55106
- Hours: Monday/Tuesday/Friday 8:00am-5:00pm; Wednesday/Thursday 8:00am-8:00pm; Saturday 8:00am-12:00pm
153 Cesar Chavez St., St. Paul, MN 55107
- Hours: Monday/Friday/Saturday 8:00am-5:00pm;
Children’s Dental Services
636 Broadway Street NE Minneapolis, MN 55413
- Children’s Dental Services: 636 Broadway St. NE, Minneapolis, MN 55413
- Dr. John Williams Specialty Dental Center: 728 Hennepin Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55414
- Both locations have well equipped skill staff to serve families from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- All languages interpreted.
- Sliding fee scale for income eligible families, all insurance is accepted.
MN Dental Association
Resources for Access to Dental Care
- Dental services to patients who are on public care programs, or that offer services at a reduced cost
- Find a clinic in your area, and then call to make an appointment
- Services, hours and costs at these clinics vary
Mission Outpost Dental Clinic
Prince of Peace Church 13901 Fairview Drive, Burnsville 55337
- Service Hours (appointment required): Monday 1:00pm-3:00pm
- Call 952-898-9318 to request an appointment.
- Eligibility: Dakota, Carver and Scott County residence
- client has mouth pain, not covered by dental insurance
- $20/visit charge
Hope Dental Clinic
800 Minnehaha Ave East, Suite 465 St. Paul, MN
- Call for appointment
- $20 fee for each visit
- If you lack dental insurance, have been turned away at other clinics or lack finances to pay for needed dental care, this clinic will help you.
University of Minnesota
School of Dentistry
Moos Tower, 515 Delaware St. SE, Minneapolis, MN
- Adults and children services available
- Please call 612-625-2495 to make an appointment
- After calling to schedule an initial appointment to the University of Minnesota School of Dentistry clinics, you will need to bring forms and certain information with you to your appointment. These forms are available here
- Fees are typically about 30% less than private practice fees
- Payment is expected at each visit
- The University of Minnesota Dental Clinics accepts cash, credit cards, and CareCredit dental financing.
- Medical Assistance and Minnesota Care accepted
- For insurance and payment questions, please call 612-624-6110
UCare Dental Connection
- If you have UCare, this customer service line will connect you to local providers.
Sharing and Caring Hands Dental Clinic
525 N. 7th St., Minneapolis, MN
- Please call 612-338-4640 to check for dates and times services are available.
- Dental services are available on a first-come, first-serve basis whenever a dentist is available.
- Provides extracts and fillings only.
- All services are free of charge and services are provided for those who have little to no dental coverage.