Energy Assistance Program
The Energy Assistance Program (EAP) helps pay home heating costs and furnace repairs for income-qualified households.
Household Must Apply for EAP by May 31, 2017
Applications must be received or postmarked by May 31, 2017 to be processed for EAP benefits for the 2016-2017 program year. Applications received after May 31 may be eligible for the Weatherization Assistance Program, local funds, referrals, advocacy, etc. EAP applications denied due to end of program year will be put on the mailing list to automatically receive an application for the next program year.
EAP is federally funded through the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Grants are:
- Available for renters or homeowners
- For households with income at or below 50 percent of the state median income
- Based on household size, income, fuel type and energy usage
Services may include:
- Payment of energy bills
- Help with utility disconnections or necessary fuel deliveries.
- Education on efficient and safe use of home heating energy.
- Advocacy with energy suppliers and human service providers on behalf of consumers.
- Repair or replacement of homeowners’ malfunctioning heating systems.