The Open Door’s National Night Out Block Party has started to become an August tradition. The weather was perfect for this years crowd of about 175 adults, teens and children to enjoy the delicious food, jump and run in the inflatables, spin a hula hoop, toss a bean bag, win a prize or just chat with neighbors and friends.
But a community table doesn’t just happen. It takes a lot of generosity of time, donations and energy from volunteers.
We are grateful for…
- The Eagan Fire fighters and Police Officers for attending our party and talking with the guests about what they do and their giveaways. Thank you to the Eagan Citizens Crime Prevention Association for the donation of Twin tickets for our main drawing.
- The Eagan Lions fantastic sponsorship and their gift of time. They quickly set up tables, served food, and just as quickly cleaned up. Special thanks to Margo and Lowell Danner for coming early to help prep food.
- Volunteers Sara and Debra from Kohls Apple Valley for spending their afternoon helping to cut and slice veggies and make sandwiches.
- The Eagan Ambassadors gave their time to help supervise the bouncy houses, making sure kids had a great time and stayed safe. Thanks Karen for organizing this lovely group of young leaders.
- Mount Calvary Lutheran church for tables and chairs, safety cones and coolers. Special thanks to Dave for taking care of the ground nesting wasps before the party and averting a dangerous situation!
- The management team from View Pointe apartments helped plan the event, acquired the gift cards for the drawings, served food, made ice tea and lemonade and painted happy faces. Many thanks to their partner, Restoration Services for providing tables and chairs.