The Open Door is now taking applications for Mobile Lunch Box Coordinator. This is a summer position, 25-30 hours per week
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Mobile Lunch Box Coordinator is responsible for supporting the management of day-to-day operations of mobile food distribution. This includes driving mobile food distribution buses as well as driving retail food rescue vehicles.
- Plan, load and drive mobile food vehicles to service sites. Maintain and promote positive relations with site partners.
- Adhere to and actively promote the mission and values of the organization.
- Adhere to safety procedures & policies at all times.
- Greet and associate with clients, donors, and volunteers in a professional, grateful & respectful manner.
- Must be able to effectively communicate and interact with children.
- Maintain client, volunteer, and organizational confidentiality at all times.
- Support volunteers during daily operations and assist in on-the-job volunteer training. Give clear and positive directions to volunteers when necessary.
- Receive, sort, stock and distribute food.
- Track & record food shelf data in Excel databases.
- Maintain the cleanliness and organization of operational equipment and facilities. This includes cleaning, breaking down boxes, carrying out trash and keeping work areas clutter-free.
- Perform other duties associated with the orderly operation of a mobile food shelf.
Employee reports directly to the Mobile Pantry Manager with additional oversight by Operations Director.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Experience driving a mid-size bus preferred.
Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), Google (Gmail, Google Drive), database entry, voice mail systems, and computer printers
· A desire to work for an organization with a mission to support individuals from all socioeconomic levels and cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
· Passion for food security and access to fresh, local foods.
· Maintain a productive, trusting relationship with organizational staff and leadership.
· Organized and self-directed. Ability to “see what needs to be done”, multi-task and receive/give direction.
· Ability to establish and maintain collegial and respectful relationships with clients, volunteers, staff and community partners.
· Ability to lift and transfer 45 pounds.
· Valid driver’s license and automobile insurance. Good driving record.
· Ability to travel with personal vehicle at times.
· CDL (Commercial Drivers License) NOT required, but preferred.
· Successful background check through the BCA.
· Successful review of references.
Monday–Friday within the time 9 am–3:30 pm
Applications are due by Thursday, June 9th. Interested candidates should e-mail (preferred) resume, references, and cover letter to email@example.com or by mail to Attn: John Jaeger, The Open Door, 3910 Rahn Road, Eagan, MN 55122.
The Open Door is an equal opportunity employer.
Leave a Reply