The Garden To Table program provides individuals and families who struggle with food insecurity access to the resources necessary to grow their own healthy food! To be food insecure means you have a hard time getting enough affordable, nutritious food for yourself and/or your household.
Plots are now available for the 2023 growing season!
Join The Open Door’s Garden to Table Program as a Community Gardener!
Enjoy coaching and classes provided by seasoned gardening staff. Grow your own fresh, healthy produce on YOUR schedule at one of our 12 community gardens all across Dakota County! Over 300 plots available, apply now to secure yours today!
The Open Door provides TOD gardeners and volunteer gardeners with:
- Garden space
- Access to water
- Seeds and plants
- Gardening classes
- Food preservation and cooking classes
In exchange gardeners must*:
- Keep garden free of weeds and debris
- Record the weight of your harvest using scales and record book provided at each site
Am I eligible?
- All participants must be residents of Dakota County
- There is no income requirement
- While plots are prioritized for families struggling with food insecurity, there are frequently additional plots available for volunteers who wish to grow food for The Open Door pantry, and interested volunteers are encouraged to apply through Volgistics. The Open Door gardeners are prioritized first and volunteer gardeners second.
*The Open Door reserves the right to give your plot to someone on the wait list if you do not adhere to his agreement.
For more information contact Alpa Goswami, Garden To Table Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-600-9244
Let’s get Cooking!!
The Open Door’s Garden to Table program is happy to share our Community Dish Recipe Book!Download the Recipe Book
Craft drinks, snacks, and meals with fresh produce from your own garden! We’ve packed this recipe book full of helpful tips, nutrition information, and fun recipes for the whole family!Download the Recipe Book
We appreciate everyone who took the time to submit recipes for the recipe book. We hope you enjoy this small collection of recipes and hope that you can try some of them this gardening season!
Ready for spring? Check out the videos below for some helpful tips to kick off the 2023 Garden Season!
Soil Prep Video (Click Here)
Direct Seeding Video (Click Here)
Contact Alpa Goswami, Garden To Table Manager at email@example.com or 651-600-9244