The Senior Bookkeeper is responsible for overseeing The Open Door’s financial data and compliance by maintaining accurate books on accounts payable and receivable, payroll, and daily financial entries and reconciliations. The Open Door is seeking an individual with a desire to be part of our mission to end local hunger through access to healthy food. This part-time, professional position is perfect for someone desiring a flexible schedule.
Manage the day-to-day bookkeeping activities, including but not limited to –
- Process accounts receivable transactions including daily deposit, reviewing invoices, and online donor contributions
- Enter accounts payable transactions including incoming bills, online transactions, and credit card transactions
- Prepare financial reports through collection, analysis, and summarization of data
- Enter data, maintain records, and verify transactions are recorded to the right accounts.
- Reconcile bank, credit cards, and general ledger accounts.
- Interpret and apply accounting policies, rules, and regulations to all work
- Communicate (both verbal and written) with financial donors, vendors, banking contacts, and payroll processing vendor.
- Assist in preparation of annual audit.
- Perform other finance-related and administrative duties as assigned.