The Open Door
The Open Door is a hunger relief organization dedicated to ending local hunger through access to healthy food. Through its collective programs, The Open Door serves almost 5,000 Dakota County residents each month, and distributes over 1 million pounds of food annually, 70% of which is fresh and/or perishable. Clients are able to access healthy food choices through a fixed-site food pantry in Eagan, multiple Mobile Pantry sites, the Mobile Lunchbox, and the Garden to Table program. Take a quick tour of our programs below.
Free healthy summer lunches
…Rollin’ into a neighborhood near you!
Starting Wednesday, June 14 through Thursday, August 18
New in 2017: 5 SITES! Visit one…or all five. All are welcome!
- Free healthy bagged lunches for school-aged children (5-18) that includes sandwiches, fresh whole fruit, vegetables and juice
- Free volunteer-led activities for children: reading, games, art
- Free bag of healthy, wholesome foods to take home each week
Mondays and Wednesdays
Note: Starting Wednesday, June 14
- Arbor Vista MHC | 11:15 am–Noon
14750 W Burnsville Parkway, #153, Burnsville
- Rambush Estates | Noon–12:45 pm
14709 W Burnsville Parkway, Burnsville
Tuesdays and Thursdays
Note: Starting Thursday, June 15
- Twelve 501 Apartments | 11:00–11:30 am
12501 Portland Avenue S, Burnsville
- Chancellor Manor | Noon–12:45 pm
1450 Irving Avenue S, Burnsville
- Cinnamon Ridge Apartments | Noon–1:30 pm
4598 Slater Rd, Eagan