Why volunteer at The Open Door?
- Fights hunger
- Improves the community
What types of groups do you accommodate?
- Corporations, small businesses, churches, service organizations, schools
Where would we volunteer?
- The Open Door, Eagan Pantry, 3904 Cedar Grove Parkway, Eagan or community gardens (locations vary)
What is the ideal size of group?
- 8–10 people
Do you allow children to volunteer in groups?
- Yes! Grades 4 to 12 are recommended, adult supervision required
When could we volunteer?
- Monday – Thursday, 10am – 8pm, depending on availability
What is the ideal length of time?
- Adults 60–90 minutes and youth 45–60 minutes
What types of activities would we be doing?
- Food-related (packing, sorting, organizing) and yard or garden work
- Activities are determined by staff based on need and timing with input from leader of volunteer group
What does a typical group volunteer opportunity look like?
- 5 min. Introduction to staff and organization
- 10 min. Tour and Q & A
- 30-70 min. Volunteer activity
- 5 min. Photo opp and send off
If my group is interested in volunteering, how do I proceed?
Click here to fill out a Group Volunteer form
If I want to volunteer individually, how do I proceed?
- Attend an orientation and click here to fill out a volunteer form