Why volunteer at The Open Door?
- Fights hunger
- Improves the community
What types of groups do you accommodate?
- Corporations, small businesses, churches, service organizations, schools
Where would we volunteer?
- The Open Door, Eagan Pantry, 3000 Ames Crossing Road, Suite 100, Eagan, MN 55121, our Mobile Pantry sites (locations vary) or community gardens (locations vary).
What is the ideal size of group?
- 8–10 people
Do you allow children to volunteer in groups?
- Yes! Grades 4 to 12 are recommended, adult supervision required
When could we volunteer?
- Monday – Thursday, 10am – 8pm, depending on availability, and Friday 10 am – Noon.
What is the ideal length of time?
- Adults 60–90 minutes and youth 45–60 minutes
What types of activities would we be doing?
- Food-related (packing, sorting, organizing) and yard or garden work
- Activities are determined by staff based on need and timing with input from leader of volunteer group
What does a typical group volunteer opportunity look like?
- 5 min. Introduction to staff and organization
- 10 min. Tour and Q & A
- 30-70 min. Volunteer activity
- 5 min. Photo opp and send off
If my group is interested in volunteering, how do I proceed?
Complete our Group Volunteer application